Contact our hydration specialists in Newport Beach to learn more about IV therapy and boost shots
IV Nutritional Therapy for Digestive Health
<< Back to IV therapy benefits
How IV hydration treats digestive problems naturally and helps heal your gastrointestinal system
IV therapy can help you banish bloat and get back to the activities you love.
The importance of good digestive health cannot be overstated. Your digestive tract has an essential role in almost every biological process. Yet research shows between 30-40% of Americans suffer from chronic digestive issues like constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, leaky gut or Crohn’s Disease.
It’s easy to take your gut for granted when it’s healthy. As anyone who’s suffered from digestive distress knows: when your gut’s not happy, you can’t be happy. Improve the health of your digestive system and watch your overall health improve!
IV hydration treatments are a fast, safe and natural way to send essential fluids, nutrients and electrolytes directly into your bloodstream, bypassing the digestive tract entirely.
Gut health facts:
- Your digestive tract is the most important part of your immune system—over 70% of immune function starts in the gut!
- Your digestive system is the boss of your metabolism. Want to lose weight? Make sure your digestive organs are healthy!
- Your gut produces neurotransmitters such as serotonin. It creates every class of neurotransmitter, in significantly higher volumes than your brain.
- Your gut is in constant contact with every single cell in your body.
- Hormonal birth control can harm your digestive system, triggering Crohn’s in some women
- Your stomach acid is incredibly strong. Gastric acid puts the “burn” in heartburn and causes dangerous ulcers if your stomach’s mucous lining breaks down.
- You need your liver to digest fats. Your liver makes bile, which is necessary for your body to break down and absorb fat from your diet. Love your liver with an IV detox cleanse!
Digestive problems are a factor in many different health problems. If your body can’t properly digest and absorb the nutrients you eat, a wide range of symptoms and illnesses can develop.
Symptoms your digestive system may be out of balance:
- Gas & bloating
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Chronic fatigue
- Headaches and migraines
- Mental fog, depression or anxiety
- Aches, pains or fibromyalgia
Types of digestive disorders:
Heal your gut so your body can benefit from the nutrients you eat.
- Heartburn/Acid Reflux
- Chronic Constipation
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Crohn’s Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Liver Disease
These are some of the most common digestive problems and disorders Americans are dealing with, but it’s by no means a complete list. Treat the signs and symptoms of gastrointestinal disorders early, before they lead to a more serious disease.
IV therapy has many benefits and helps improve digestive health by quickly rehydrating your body and maximizing absorption of nutrients and other health supplements.
Natural remedies for constipation and other types of digestive distress:
- Steer clear of processed foods, or ingesting anything made in a lab rather than nature
- Try an elimination diet to determine what your body is sensitive to, and eliminate problematic foods from your diet
- Avoid taking over-the-counter painkillers regularly – common drugs like aspirin, ibuprofen and acetominaphen damage your gut lining and lead to leaky gut
- Drink alcohol in moderation, or not at all
- Manage your stress: chronic stress slows down digestion and makes toxic metabolites
- Get plenty of sleep and give your gut enough time to heal itself every night
- Eat anti-inflammatory foods to calm inflammatory gut diseases
- Stay hydrated! Dehydration can cause a whole host of health problems including constipation, headaches, muscle cramps and low blood pressure
Taking care of your gut is extremely important if you want to enjoy optimal health. Treat your digestive system right, beginning with IV therapy. IV vitamin treatments send essential fluids, electrolytes, nutrients and other health supplements directly into your bloodstream where they can be absorbed and used by your whole body.
Costa Mesa Medical Spa Offering Natural Remedies for Digestive Problems
If you suffer from digestive problems or any other health issues, contact our Costa Mesa medical spa today! Our doctors will be happy to listen to your concerns and create a customized IV therapy to meet your needs.