Contact our hydration specialists in Newport Beach to learn more about IV therapy and boost shots
Alpha Lipoic Acid IV Therapy Benefits
Add lipoic acid to any IV treatment at our Costa Mesa hydration clinic
<<All IV Drip Ingredients
ALA can help you feel more confident & comfortable in your own skin.
Alpha lipoic acid is a powerful antioxidant recognized for its many benefits including better health, beauty and weight loss. ALA if round in every cell of your body and is produced in your cells. However things like stress, disease, medications, toxins and aging can lead to reduced levels of alpha lipoic acid.
What makes lipoic acid special?
Other antioxidants are soluble only in water (like vitamin C) or only in fat (like vitamin E), limiting how your body can store and use them.
Alpha lipoic acid is classified as a phospholipid, meaning it is both water and fat-soluble and can work in all the tissues of your body, earning itself the reputation of “universal antioxidant”.
ALA is also unique because it helps your body restore or regenerate levels of vitamin C, vitamin E and glutathione, the mother of all antioxidants.
Why not just take ALA supplements?
Oral ALA supplements can’t deliver the same dosage of lipoic acid as effectively as IV therapy because the digestive system slows and limits absorption. Intravenous lipoic acid delivers essential fluids, vitamins and other beneficial ingredients directly to your bloodstream to ensure full absorption.
Lipoic acid is available as an add-on boost so you can benefit from the universal antioxidant with any of our IV treatments. Book your appointment online today or contact a hydration specialist for more information.
Top Benefits of Alpha Lipoic Acid
ALA has been shown to decrease muscle recovery time and increase creatine uptake, helping you build strength faster.
- ALA helps prevent deficiency of other antioxidants and protects your cells
- Alpha lipoic acid promotes healthier skin by helping reduce puffiness, dark circles and the appearance of pores
- Alpha lipoic acid has been shown to promote normal thyroid levels and can even mitigate the effects of hormone-induced weight gain
- Alpha lipoic acid can help people with type 2 diabetes. Studies have shown lipoic acid can make it easier for the body to use its own insulin to reduce blood sugar levels. ALA may also reduce nerve damage from diabetes or cancer treatment
- ALA can help slow the aging process by reversing oxidative damage to DNA
- If you’re trying to lose weight, alpha lipoic acid can help your weight loss efforts pay off better by decreasing insulin resistance and boosting energy levels
- Alpha lipoic acid reduces inflammation which has benefits for every system in your body and can improve muscle recovery time after a tough workout (try it with our fitness recovery IV treatment)
Alpha Lipoic Acid Treatments at our Costa Mesa Wellness Center
Visit our Costa Mesa hydration clinic for an IV treatment with ALA, or schedule your treatment online. If you have a unique health concern or situation our doctors will be happy to answer your questions and even create a customized IV drip formula just for you.