Contact our hydration specialists in Newport Beach to learn more about IV therapy and boost shots
Hangover Prevention – Orange County, CA
Nip that Hangover in the Bud.
You’re looking forward to going out, but you’re dreading how you’ll probably feel in the morning. Of course, a potential hangover won’t stop you from having a great time tonight.
And it doesn’t have to stop you from having a good day tomorrow either. A quick pre-party energy and hangover prevention treatment helps you keep the party going and minimizes your symptoms the next day.
There are many supposed hangover prevention pills, patches, drinks, and formulas, but research suggests that these products are unsuccessful or only prevent certain hangover symptoms. The best hangover prevention techniques are also some of the simplest:
- Take a multivitamin – Before you go out, take a multi-vitamin, vitamin B complex, or a drink of juice high in antioxidants to make up for the vitamins you lose by drinking.
- Eat first – Before your first drink, eat a meal rich in carbs, protein, and fat, and keep eating throughout the rest of the party. Food in your stomach slows down alcohol absorption.
- Take it slow – A great way to pace yourself and stay hydrated is to drink a glass of water between each alcoholic beverage.
- Know your limits – If you get a hangover when you’ve had more than four drinks, then stop at four. Or even three.
- Rehydrate –Sports drinks can replace the salt and electrolytes you’ve lost.
- Don’t smoke – Smoking while drinking can increase the severity of a hangover.
- Painkiller – Take an ibuprofen before you go to bed and again when you wake up to help reduce the headache. Avoid aspirin and acetaminophen as they can cause problems when combined with alcohol.
Of course, the only way to completely prevent a hangover is not to drink at all. If you want to enjoy a few drinks at a party or a bar and still be functional the next day, you can follow the steps above to minimize the damage. You can also try our IV hydration Party Prep energy and hangover prevention treatment. Prepare your body for a whole night of partying.
If you got here too late and already have a hangover, check out our IV drip Hangover Rescue for a quick fix so you can get back to your workday – or the next party.